I love salads. L.O.V.E. salads. I eat one (sometimes more) every day.
One of my favorites lately is this little salad I prepared when I felt like having some grilled chicken on a bed of greens of course.
I prepared this salad with a bag of Fresh Express Veggie Lovers I had on hand, but it would also do great using spinach, romaine etc. One could even use actual winter greens I suppose if you blanched them first.
- Fresh Express Veggie Lovers bagged salad (or whatever greens you prefer)
- Grilled Chicken (I used Tyson Frozen Grilled Chicken Strips)
- Tomatoes (I used the Grape variety)
- Dried Cherries
- Dried Cranberries
- Crushed Walnuts
- Cheddar Cheese (I used a sort that had cranberries in it)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Crazy Janes Mixed Up Salt (salt & pepper can be subbed)
- Garlic Salt (if using frozen Chicken Strips)
Grilled Chicken if using the frozen sort I did: Take out the amount of chicken you wish to use and place in a frying pan, do not defrost. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the chicken and saute, before the chicken completely warms sprinkle with garlic salt. Set aside.
Mix greens, cherries, cranberries and tomatoes. Top with the grilled chicken and crushed walnuts.
At this point you can drizzle the salad with olive oil and the apple cider vinegar and salt to taste or whip up a quick vinaigrette for later using the Olive Oil, vinegar, and crazy salt.