I’ll admit it. During the last decade or so, I was one to avoid anything really having to do with exercise. Sure I went to the gym, I even enjoyed a few dance classes here and there, but my bi-polar scale made me feel like I didn’t belong at a gym. Looking back that was a completely ludicrous idea, the gym-or rather exercise is good for anyone. Regardless of your fitness level. I mean, we’ve all go to start somewhere right?
Now, that I am a much healthier version of my old self-someone who exercises, and who wants to become even more fit, I’ve comprised a list of what I think are the best ways to fit exercise into you life with out actually hitting a gym-even if you’re someone who’d rather not.
- Move. Move. Move. What I mean by this is when your kids are playing with their Wii™ grab a remote and play along with them. If you’ve got a Wii™ fitness game use the darn thing. When you park at the supermarket park further back and walk the extra steps.
- If you’ve got stairs in your house use them. Set a timer and go up and down as many times as you can during say a span of ten minutes. When I first started doing this I could only do three minutes before I had to stop, now I’m up to five. (Oh, and when you’re going up, clench your butt cheeks together!)
- Get a bunch of your friends together and go for walks. If you live where it’s antarctic right now, you can do this at the mall. Which, is a very stroller friendly place.
- Bet your kids you can do more jumping jacks than they can.
- Dance. Dance. Dance. I love to dance. In the afternoons I’ll dance around my living room with my boys.
- You know those work out videos sitting unused, unopened in your media cabinet. Pop one of those bad boys into your DVD player and get moving!
- Find support online. Join forums, get your online pals to keep you motivated.
- Clean. Vacuum, sweep, mop, dust. Make house sparkle. You’ll be burning calories and as an added bonus you’ll feel really good about your home!
- If you’ve got an indoor swimming pool at your local park or Y use it. I love to swim, and wish I could get to a pool. I’d be in one every day.
- Get creative. Instead of using a your regular desk chair when surfing online, or at work etc. use an exercise ball. At home while watching t.v. stretch, do some arm curls, sit ups etc.
This post was inspired by Twitter Moms. This post was written as part of a contest, where five bloggers will be randomly selected to win a copy of EA SPORTS Active™ Personal Trainer – the highest rated Wii™ fitness product to date for use on the Nintendo Wii system!